Driving while Distracted

Driving while Distracted

We have all seen the theory that driving while talking on the phone causes numerous accidents because the people on the phone are distracted drivers.  But what if that's not true.  What if the phones don't actually increase accidents to the extent we believe.  Now I wouldn't claim that there is no increase in distraction.  But changing the radio probably increases the level of distraction, as does adjusting the heat and A/C.  The problem comes when we start introducing laws to combat these "distractions."  

Techdirt, and NYT discussed a new study that indicates that laws banning cellphone use while driving apparently haven't reduced the number of crashes.  While it could simply be that the laws have not stopped people from talking on their cell phones, another possibility is that the use of cell phones doesn't make the difference people believed it did.

However, now that the laws are in place, it will be next to impossible to get the law overturned.  If a law doesn't work, if it doesn't have a significant impact for the benefit of society, it shouldn't be on the books.


Thank you,
Landon J. Ascheman, Esq.Landon@AschemanSmith.com
(B) 612.217.0077 (C) 651.280.9533 (F) 651.344.0700
Contact Me LinkedinFacebookBlog RSSTwitterGoogleGoogleGoogle
P.S. Have an attorney in your phone? Add us now 612-217-0077 - While we hope you never need us, we're here if you do.

13 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice
while you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog web site?
The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had
been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

Sat, May 4, 2019 @ 9:04 PM

2. wrote:
Hi there, always i used to check webpage posts here in the
early hours in the morning, because i like to gain knowledge
of more and more.

Thu, May 9, 2019 @ 8:24 PM

3. wrote:
I was able to find good information from your articles.

Thu, May 16, 2019 @ 6:40 PM

4. wrote:
I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your website.
It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for
me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your
theme? Superb work!

Tue, May 28, 2019 @ 2:41 AM

5. wrote:
In fact when someone doesn't know then its up to other users that they will help,
so here it occurs.

Wed, May 29, 2019 @ 5:04 AM

6. wrote:
It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy.
I've read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things
or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.

I wish to read even more things about it!

Sun, June 2, 2019 @ 12:31 AM

7. wrote:
If some one wants expert view about blogging afterward i
recommend him/her to visit this webpage, Keep up the
good job.

Mon, July 8, 2019 @ 11:31 PM

8. wrote:
I loved as much as you will receive carried out
right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish.
nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish
be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly
the same nearly very often inside case you shield this hike.

Tue, July 16, 2019 @ 8:16 PM

9. wrote:
Remarkable issues here. I'm very satisfied to look your post.
Thanks so much and I'm looking forward to touch you.
Will you kindly drop me a mail? pof natalielise

Thu, July 25, 2019 @ 12:59 AM

10. wrote:
I believe what you said was actually very logical.
However, think on this, suppose you were to create a killer headline?
I ain't saying your information isn't good., however suppose you added
a title to maybe grab people's attention? I mean Driving
while Distracted | Ascheman Law | 612-217-0077 is kinda
plain. You could glance at Yahoo's home page and watch how
they create post headlines to get viewers interested. You
might add a related video or a picture or two to get readers excited about
what you've got to say. Just my opinion, it might make your website a little livelier.

Wed, July 31, 2019 @ 1:59 AM

11. wrote:
Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well
written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read more
of your useful information. Thanks for the post.
I will definitely return.

Wed, July 31, 2019 @ 11:40 AM

12. wrote:
This post is invaluable. How can I find out more?

Sun, September 1, 2019 @ 1:06 PM

13. wrote:
I visited various web sites except the audio quality for audio
songs current at this web site is actually wonderful.

Thu, September 12, 2019 @ 10:30 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.