Here is an excellent article Grant found today: 7 Bullshit Police Myths Everyone Believes (Thanks to Movies)
7) Forensic Science is Magic - Not that common, at least from our point of view.
6) The Insanity Defense Lets You Get Away With Murder - We have the occasional request to use this defense - there is a reason we don't use it.
5) Not Talking To Cops Equals Obstruction of Justice - This myth makes me sad. DON'T TALK TO THE COPS! I understand that they are there to "Protect and Serve," but but they are protecting and serving by trying to take everything you say and use it against you! They "Protect and Serve" other people - no , you are not other people. You have a Right to Remain Silent, if you say Anything it Can and Will be used against you.
4) Undercover Cops Have To Identify Themselves If Asked - 3 letters L-O-L
3) Tracing a Call Takes a Long Time - nope, for 911 it's near instant - and if it's to anyone else, they can figure out were you were at just by getting the records. Your cell phone company is more than happy to turn on you and pass the information over to the Government. And, no, it's not an illegal search and seizure of the phone records and locations. The phone company has the information and they are the ones that can claim that - not you.
2) Criminals Must Be Read Their Miranda Rights or They Will Go Free - Almost as bad as #5. You don't have to be read your Miranda rights - but if you stick to the advice in #5 you don't need to worry about this one as much. You'll probably still be charged, but they will have less evidence.
1) Everyone Gets One Free Phone Call - You have a right to an attorney. Just give us a call. Don't discuss the case. (Yes, the voice you keep hearing saying your call is being recorded and monitored does mean they will hear you telling your girlfriend to toss the laptop in the river and watter the weed).
Your Email/URL (Optional):
Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.
©2020 Ascheman Law | 612-217-0077. Website Design by Lift Creative.